It's been a long time since I last posted. And since I finally started blogging after a series of submissions (which have yet to end) I will start off with my favourite seiyuu, Okiayu Ryotaro-san.
Well, let me tell you my story...
Okiayu-san was the very first person to inspired me to become a seiyuu (No, I'm not joking. Really.)
Though it is weird because most of the times people would be inspired by the same gender. And in my case, it is really strange. Why? Because I took after a seiyuu who is male while I'm a female.
To explain this further, you have to understand that human if inspired will try to imitate the source of inspiration. Now, do you get what I mean? :)
I'm a female and I can't possible do male voices. I don't have a very deep voice like guys. But I have a voice deeper than most females, that's what I think about me.
I have never give voice acting a thought before. Wait, now that I wrote this, actually I did think about it before. The first anime I watched was Hunter X Hunter (1999) it didn't really inspired me but it was fun because I tried to imitate Killua's voice because it was so cool and kid like. But back then I didn't know that Killua and Gon's seiyuu were females. Back then, I didn't have much knowledge prior to the thing called internet, google or wikipedia.
So I tried to imitate Killua and my bro said that I sounded like him... just kinda. I was elated of course. But that didn't push me to become a seiyuu. I had wanted to be a policewoman because it was my childhood dream. But childhood dreams don't last long as expected. I kinda gave up on it just after my PSLE. I didn't know who I wanted to be.
I considered being a teacher but I'm not a very good student *laughs* an astronaut (because I wanted to see Earth from space) and perhaps a sportswoman who excel in track and field. I used to be a really fast runner and I love sports (I still do) but I don't have much time for all these now. And although I was in NCDCC, I never see myself as a future firefighter or paramedic.
And so, the story begins to unfold when I started watching Bleach when I was in Secondary 3. This particular character 'Kuchiki Byakuya' (the one I'm all fan-girled over) caught my attention. I used to like Kurosaki Ichigo because he was all soooo cool. And I didn't really like Byakuya back then when I first saw him.
You can say that because Rukia was my favourite character and her brother treated her like she's trash and unimportant made me hated Byakuya. I really hated him. I feel bad for saying this but I'm just being honest.
It wasn't until that particular awesome moment when he took the blade to his heart for Rukia. I don't know about you but at that moment I fell in love with him. I went head over heels for him, seriously. I had this really tingling feeling in my chest when he saved Rukia.
And so after the hatred towards him dissipated, I looked at him in a new light. So much brighter than anything else. As if he doesn't have any flaws. I caught myself looking out for his voice in the anime more than his looks. Then I got interested in seiyuu and voice acting.
I got really hung up about seiyuu that I started to work towards it. It became my dream eventually. And I do not intend to give up because it is no childish dream anymore. I will be doing myself a great disservice if I were to give up. I considered giving up before because Singapore is no place for all these things. Only Japan. I set out my dreams with the intentions of meeting my admired seiyuus and becoming a seiyuu myself. It's tough and tedious. I know that but I can no longer see myself living without it.
I feel that if I gave up on it, I would rather end my life there.That is how important this seiyuu dream is to me. I don't mind not earning much tbh. I just want to live the life I want. Fulfill my dreams and live a life of satisfaction. And die with no regrets
And then I begin to realise why I have to go to Japan as fast as possible. I can't believe I forgot about it until I was typing this. Thank god I blogged otherwise..
He's not getting younger anymore. Year by year, days by days, hours by hours he is becoming older. I know that most Japanese have a long life expectancy. But accidents do happen. So.. no matter what. I want to be able to work with him for at least once. At least once. You do know why right? Because he's an important and a great role model to me.
I don't know why I'm spending my days in SG now... Oh wait I know.. it's because of Poly, parents and money. I needed the funds to go to Japan but my parents are against it. And if they are against it, they won't fund my study as a seiyuu there. So I have to go to Poly. Just so that when I graduate I can find a good full time job that pays well. By living on bread and butter.. I just might be able to go to Japan. Live on my own expenses.
Now that I typed these, my resolves strengthened. I need to do much much better in Poly. I have to. Otherwise the money goes to waste and I can't find a good job and wont be able to get money to go to Japan.
Ganbarimasu Okiayu-san !!
No comments:
Post a Comment